Right out of the box, there isn’t a sight more fantastic than seeing high-quality handcrafted Italian leather shoes. But as soon as you open them, a thought starts lingering at the back of your mind that these shoes will never be this perfect again.
However, if you properly care and store them, they will be almost as good as new. Before buying a pair of handcrafted Italian leather shoes, make sure you check out the type of leather and choose one that goes with your lifestyle. Each type of leather has different needs and requires very specific treatment to keep things fresh.
At Jose Real, we specialize in men’s fashion, and our best sellers are high-quality handcrafted Italian leather shoes that are durable and comfortable. We have everything from black, blue, brown, and even green casual shoes to dress shoes of all needs to ensure you have something to wear for every occasion.
Due to our line of work, we know all there is to know about keeping your shoes in perfect condition, and in the following passages, we will talk about them to help you out. So let’s check them out!
How To Clean & Polish Handcrafted Italian Shoes?
The first thing you need to do is clean your shoes before polishing. It’s essential that you do so that it removes all dirt and dust so the polish can condition the leather properly. Once you do that, the polish can ensure your shoe remains moist and supple. Here is a simple process that you can follow:
- Take a soft-bristled brush and clean off any dirt or dust.
- After that, you should take a soft cloth to apply a suitable cleaner to the leather parts of the shoe. Then use that same soft-bristled brush to work the cleaner into the leather. Make sure to focus on any scuff marks.
- Make sure to let the shoe dry for 20 minutes before polishing.
- Always use a fresh soft cloth to rub the conditioner over the leather in a circular motion.
- Use the fabric and apply a color-matched polish to the shoe. You can try out a lanoline-based beeswax polish as it softens and protects the leather at the same time.
- Once that’s done, you should wipe off any extra polish with a new soft clean cloth and buff the shoe with a soft shoe brush or a pair of nylon pantyhose to ensure a sublime shine.
- Then wait for another 20 minutes before applying spray-on waterproofing repellant.
Storing Your High-Quality Italian Leather Shoes
If you are not careful, leather can quickly dry out and crack, so it’s imperative that you store your shoes properly. Ensure you keep your shoes in a temperature-controlled area away from direct sunlight. You should also wrap up the shoes in acid-free tissue paper and then in a plastic bag, and that will keep dust away and keep the leather moisturized.
Another thing of note is to make sure you keep the light leathers away from dark leathers because the lighter shade can absorb the color of the dark, and then it cannot be removed. You can also ask our representatives by contacting us for specific care tips for your shoe.
However, if you don’t want to, then we’ve got you covered. In the following passages, we will give you simple tips to care for your handcrafted leather shoes so that they remain in tip-top condition for a long, long time. So let’s check it out!
Simple Tips To Taking Care Of Your High-Quality Italian Leather Shoes
Taking care of high-quality handcrafted Italian leather shoes is essential to ensuring they remain as good as new for years. So here are some simple tips that you can follow:
- When you get a new pair of handcrafted shoes, you shouldn’t wear them for a whole day. Make sure you only wear it for a few hours until the foot has become accustomed to the fit.
- Do not wear the same shoe for two consecutive days. Let the shoe rest as it allows accumulated moisture to escape, preventing the formation of foul odors.
- Get a shoe tree. Always keep Jose Real shoes in a wooden last to avoid the appearance of creases on the upper.
- We always recommend using a shoehorn to put on the shoes to prevent altering the shape of the back or marking it.
- You should try and clean your shoes every day if possible. We’ve laid out a simple cleaning procedure above so you can follow that.
- Make sure you get the right brush for each type of leather and always brush the upper in the same direction. For example, for suede, use a crepe or rubber brush, and for smooth calfskin and other leathers, use a horsehair brush.
The Best Place To Find Handcrafted High-Quality Italian Leather Shoes
So there you have it. That’s how you clean and take care of handcrafted Italian leather shoes. As you can see, taking care of them is very easy and you can and should look to clean them every day. A fine, high-quality, comfortable leather shoe is an asset, and it will serve you a long time if you care for it. However, having some good-quality shoes in your arsenal can be a gamechanger for your wardrobe.
So if you are looking to buy some or even one, we can help you out. At Jose Real, our life’s work is to ensure we deliver the highest-quality handcrafted shoes without costing a fortune. We believe you deserve the best without breaking the bank, and we will do whatever ensures you get the best value.
Also, if you have any questions regarding leather shoe care or any other questions regarding Italian leather shoes, feel free to drop them in the comments below or hit us up on our socials, and we’ll help you out. And with that being said, that’s about all we have for you today. We will come back with something new for you soon. Until then, see ya!
Back to Notícias